Allan Grafman is a recognized media executive, board director and investment banker for growth, turnaround, VC and PE portfolio companies. He is an innovator known for monetizing content, brands and intellectual property for investors and companies, domestic and international, public and private. He has served on 12 boards. All Media Ventures (AMV) was founded by Mr. Grafman in 1996.
AMV is recognized for assisting companies that are raising capital, identifying market opportunities, growing revenue, licensing brands, new business development and timely product release.
Mr. Grafman’s executive and board experience includes the following:
- At Majesco Entertainment Mr. Grafman joined as a Director of this public video game company and was subsequently elected Chairman of the Board. During his tenure revenue increased from $50 million to $132 million, with profits of $11.3 million. He led a sale auction process that led to a successful financing transaction.
- At the private equity fund Mercury Capital Mr. Grafman was an Operating Partner and Principal. Mercury focused on investing in media, licensing, game and technology companies. He participated in deal sourcing, due diligence, capital raising and portfolio company operations as a Board Director.
- As President of Archie Comics Mr. Grafman led the monetization and licensing of the comic characters after raising investment capital. During his tenure the company concluded movie deals with Paramount and Miramax, 42 brand license deals for consumer products at retail, and “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch” finalized a seven year TV run.
- As President and CEO of Modelwire Mr. Grafman led all operations of this venture capital backed ad technology company in the ad agency licensing sector.
- At Hallmark Entertainment he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of this $350 million revenue producer of television content. He led the effort that improved cash flow $51 million and supported the launch of the Hallmark Channel.
- During a 13 year tenure at Tribune Mr. Grafman rose through the ranks, first at Tribune Entertainment and then Tribune Company. At the former he headed finance and business affairs as the company grew from $2 million to $145 million. As Managing Director for International he raised capital for co-productions and conducted world-wide sales and distribution activity.
- Recruited by the legendary Thomas Murphy, Chairman of Disney/ABC/CCB, Mr. Grafman built broadband cable distribution systems as VP in the Chicago region.
Mr. Grafman received his BA from Indiana University (Phi Beta Kappa Honors), Russian Language and Literature, his Masters in International Affairs from Columbia University (International Fellow Honors), and his MBA from Columbia University (Beta Gamma Sigma Honors) Finance. He began his media career monetizing content as an ad salesman and on air announcer at KSHE Radio in St. Louis.